Carpenter and interior finish needed in Canada by LANDMARK FINISHING AND CARPENTARY LTD
A carpenter is responsible for working with wood to build and repair structures and other items and they also may have to select and source appropriate materials depending on project needs. Their duties include calculating quotes, meeting with clients and creating design plans for remodeling projects.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 29.00 hourly for 35 hours per 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment full time
- Day, Weekend, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Measures marks, and arranges materials to establish layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Creates wooden forms for pouring concrete or for tunnels, bridges, or sewer construction projects.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Installs windows and doors.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance with building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings, and hardware
- Schedule and coordinate work on sites
Who can apply for this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply