Farm worker needed in Canada by 1078268 BC
A Farmer manages farms, ranches, greenhouses, nurseries, and other agricultural production organizations. Farmers are involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, and supervising farm labor depending on the type of farm.
General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties: Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops. Feed and tend livestock and poultry.
- Location: 16927 40 AveSurrey, BCV3S 0L2
- Salary: 18.00 hourly for 30 hours per 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 5 vacancies
We are looking for a farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Staff accommodation available
- Plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops
- Fertilize and spray crops
- Harvest crops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply