Truck trailer mechanic needed in Canada by QUICK TIRE AND SERVICE LTD
Trailer mechanics are skilled tradespeople who specialize in inspecting, repairing, and maintaining the components and systems of trailers, tractors, and other vehicles used for hauling large goods. They are trained in heavy truck technology and have the ability to identify and diagnose mechanical and electrical issues in large hauling vehicles.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 34.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment full time
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are searching for an experienced trailer mechanic to join our team and take on the responsibilities of inspecting and maintaining the mechanical and electrical parts of our trailers. The responsibilities of the trailer mechanic include servicing and repairing trailer parts, compiling inspection reports, and ensuring that trailers are roadworthy.
To be successful as a trailer mechanic, you should demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills. The best trailer mechanics possess expert knowledge of trailer vehicle parts and are able to easily apply this knowledge in their day-to-day tasks.
Trailer Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing semi-truck and trailer bodies, systems, and components.
- Performing preventative maintenance measures on semi-trucks and trailers.
- Assembling and dissembling vehicle engines and cleaning the fuel tanks.
- Maintaining hubs and axles and adjusting or replacing them when required.
- Inspecting, servicing, and replacing trailer parts, including tires.
- Checking and repairing the brake, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Testing all systems and equipment for performance issues.
- Ensuring that trailers meet the U.S. Department of Transportation’s road safety requirements.
- Compiling inspection reports, documenting repairs, and reporting all findings to management.
- Responding as soon as possible to client queries.
Trailer Mechanic Requirements:
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification.
- An Associate’s degree in heavy truck technology.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a trailer mechanic.
- A valid driver’s license.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle systems, such as hydraulics, air breaks, and electrical systems.
- Extensive experience with vehicle diagnostic equipment.
- Exceptional understanding of mechanical and technical information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manual dexterity, experience with hand tools, and physical strength.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace the unit
- Estimate parts and labor costs
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply